This pictures was taken shortly after I said,
I put way too much batter on that pizza stone. I think we’re going to have a grease fire.
This is the soon-to-be-on-fire cookie pizza, in all its glory. The next part is not illustrated. It’s the part where the kitchen started to fill w/ smoke, Ua said it smelled like something was burning, we walked to the kitchen to find black smoke emanating from the stove burners, Ua suggested i turn off the oven while he looked for a fire extinguisher in the hall, ua was unsure if it was the correct type, so he hops onto internet to see if we can use a chemical extinguisher on a grease fire (NO!), we mull over whether baking soda or flour puts out grease fires, ua hops on internet again to find that the correct answer is baking soda (meanwhile i watch fire burn), i hope we’re not about to cause our building to evacuate, we find baking soda, ua throws what little we have on the fire, and find that it indeed does do the trick. Here’s our mess (my mess, I should say):
Surprisingly, it tasted quite good and was enjoyed by grown-ups and kids alike, dipped in cold glasses of milk at Bible study the next night…and the next night enjoyed by friends we had over for dinner, under ice cream (the friends came over, the cookie, not the friends, were under said ice cream. =0)
Several days later–yes several days–I finally decided it was time to attack the mess. I used our new vacuum and sucked out all the baking soda. It was quite the site. It worked, believe it or not.