This morning, I was up early with the kids and we were able to watch the first sunrise of the new year. I don’t know that I’ve done that before. If so, I can’t remember. Here it is illuminating Minneapolis.
So, what do I look for in 2016? That’s what we’re supposed to do on the first of January, right? Make some great plan for something new? I do have a few thoughts on where I’d like some of my attention given during these first few months of this year. In no particular order:
- Continue regular blogging here.
- Return to some more personal journaling with pen & paper.
- Post a daily photo to Instagram – UaMV. (the first is seen above)
- Begin some sort of daily exercise routine.
- Consistent daily Bible reading.
- Read a short list of books, including the remainder of the Oswald Chambers books in our WMPL library, Subterranean, Oikonomics, The Yearling, The Brothers Karamazov.
- Play my guitar more regularly.
- Begin some sort of local volunteering or regular engagement with the community.
- Take on a few more freelance WordPress web projects. (Let me know if you have any leads.)
- Be more consistent and intentional with family devotional time.
- Define and respect technological boundaries at home.
- Begin teaching Aelah healthy use of tech.
- Better tracking of family finances.
Now that I write it all down, I can see it is quite an ambitious list. And, I know it is not exhaustive. There are certainly things I’m overlooking. How about you? How are you looking to enter into 2016?